Friday, December 09, 2005

I have arrived

It's not just that I'm posting for the first time in 2 and a half months. It's not that I'm pretty much halfway done with my last year at Undergrad (and halfway done with post HS education in general). I've finally realized it. Maturity. People say it grows. I say that's bullshit. I realized, at one exact moment, while driving home from playing basketball on Wednesday, December 7th (a day that will live in infamy BTW), that I have not been a good person. I want to be a good person. I need it. Not just for my body, and sure as hell not for any reputation or anything. I need it for my soul.

Now people may be asking themselves what this means... Does this mean I will stop drinking? Not in the least. Does this mean i will drink less? Absolutely. Does this mean I will completely and totally stop being a jerk? eh, probably not. Does it mean that I will wholeheartedly try to lessen and eliminate those jerk moments? Without a doubt. I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I really feel some sort of inner clarity that I haven't felt in a while. It's refreshing. It's something I haven't felt in a LONG time. Time to face temptation and shut it down.

It's time for maturity. Seriously.


Exams + Law School apps=sucks. That's all you need to know about my current situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home